Monday, January 21, 2013

Girlfriends birthday card

Happy Monday !!! It's soooo cold and yucky out there- I just want to hide inside my cozy craftroom until springs come!!! Or at least until the sun shines again!! While I'm waiting for spring , I've been busy playing with some new stamps I got recently from Art Impressions. They have some pretty quirky cards that I just love , like their "girlfriends" line.... here's one I made:

 
 
Isn't that sentiment too funny??? I made this for my BFF ( whose BDay is still months away!!)and I think she will get a good chuckle out of this card! It makes me smile each time I look at it and we kinda have the same zany sense of humour!!!
 
I colored the gals with my Copics and grabbed a mulberry flower for the front ( a SU brad for the center) and the floral paper American Crafts Dear Lizzy collection ( Neapolitan) and the chevron dp is old retired SU! that's finally seeing some use! I even made a matching 5X7 envelope with this paper , using my Cricut and the Wild Card cartridge . I stamped "happy birthday" ( a Fiskars stamp) on the front in black ink.
The cardstock for the base and mats are from CTMH. The scalloped border is from SU, as well.
 
If you haven't already checked it out , don't forget to browse my Stampin' Up! stamps for sale ( click here) There's still many good stamps that are looking for a good home!!
 
Thanks for stopping  by today.... stay warm and have a great day!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment